Effective performance management can bring about many benefits to your business, including improved staff performance, greater productivity and stronger employee engagement.
To manage your employees effectively, you will need to be able to set clear goals and objectives, and provide regular and constructive feedback to your staff.
Real advice for businesses please contact APAS Business Solutions Bookkeeping services
Get it right from the start
A performance system will work only if you plan and implement it properly:
• make sure that you know what an employee's job involves - read their job description
• keep it simple - this will save you time and money
• use a standard format for your appraisal forms
• make sure managers are committed to the appraisal process and they know what each employee will be expected to achieve
• discuss what is proposed with employees, or their representatives if appropriate, before you implement an appraisal system
• Make sure you tell your employees about it in writing.